Boy, a lot has happened since I last posted. Everything from starting my job to holidays with the families to having the nastiest cold of the year (2008). I should say everything except anything wedding! We have made no progress on the wedding front and its actually been rather frustrating. Our date is still in escrow until we nail down a ceremony and reception place. [Note to anyone planning a wedding...May is not a good month unless you plan a year in advance. May seems to be the busiest month of the year!] And I feel like we can't make any other decisions until we have the date and place. How can we ask people to be in it or help if we can't tell them when? Or how can we book anything if we don't have a date to book on? The good news is, the light is at the end of the tunnel and hopefully within a week or two we'll finally have a date to share. :)
As far as marriage goes, we have made some progress. Tonight is our first premarital class! After a lot of research we signed up with North Coast Calvary Chapel's premarital program. Not only do they have sessions that are relevant but we are teamed up with a marriage mentor couple. We had to fill out a questionnaire and Paul and I both decided that marriage is going to be hard work--and we both realized that we don't even know the half of it yet! After being friends for 5 years and dating for 3, you would think marriage might be easier and I'm sure it is, but it is still going to take a lot of effort and commitment and grace! We haven't even had our first class yet and we've learned so much from the questions. I'm excited (especially at this point) to work more on my marriage than my wedding!
But as for now, I'm going to enjoy my last day as a 24 year old. :)
1.06.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Roommate I've been wanting to find out if you are available because I'd like to hang out for your birthday! Let me know when you are free- call me when you get a chance. :-)
Post a Comment