I'm a North County girl where the "C" in county can also stand for classy. Paul is an East County boy where the "C" in county can also stand for country. I drive a VW Jetta, he drives a Ford Ranger. We pride ourselves on our roots.The question: "Where do we have our ceremony and reception in North County or East County?" is a good question! As we weighed our options, I'm not gonna lie, the memory of driving past a house in East County where the residents had filled the back of their pickup truck with water and used a tarp to prevent leaking in order to sit in their homemade swimming pool, with beers in their hands and a ridiculous amount of people for one truck bed, in the hot summer sun, defined the epitome of East County...and sent shivers down my North County spine.
But, we came to the conclusion that it would be more convenient to have a wedding where the majority of our guests live...and thus East County wins in a landslide victory. Besides, as loyal as I am to the NC, the EC is where we met and our relationship budded. ;) We are pretty set on having the ceremony at Mapleview Baptist Church where we "coincidently" met and attended church together (see picture). As for the reception place, we are checking one out that is in the heart of El Cajon on Friday. This place provides their own security guard as part of the rental package. :) It'd say that's pretty classy.

3 comments:
Sadly, I know you're describing my neighborhood, and I'm pretty sure I was with you the day we spotted that impromptu jacuzzi. Anyway, I vote for East County, too. Are you guys looking at the Crystal Ballroom? That's the only hall I can think of "in the heart of El Cajon."
i resent this whole country, beer bottle, make my own pool in my truck comment. lol.
i happen to live in the quiet [except once a year when the neighbors have a grind party that keeps the whole city awake] neighborhood of la mesa. [the softer side of EC] ;)
Roommate I miss you! I hope the wedding plans are coming along smoothly. :-) Keep us updated!
Post a Comment