10.24.2008

the beauty of grace

Yesterday morning when I watered my garden not much had changed, but when I went to check the moisture level in the evening I had a glorious surprise awaiting: the first sprouts of the season! The first pic is watermelon or maybe cantaloupe, I forget. :) The second is definitely green beans! Just seeing those two sprouts made all the hard work worth it, even if they just stay that size! They are glorious! As I took pictures and observed these little buds of joy one of my all time favorite songs popped up in my head, Wholly Yours by David Crowder...it sings...

I am full of earth
You are heaven’s worth
I am stained with dirt, prone to depravity
You are everything that is bright and clean
The antonym of me
You are divinity
But a certain sign of grace is this
From a broken earth flowers come up
Pushing through the dirt
You are holy, holy, holy
All heaven cries “Holy, holy God”
You are holy, holy, holy
I wanna be holy like You are


I think I could be content being a farmer. :)

No comments: